LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 2, 2015

The official number...

...is 19.2 inches.

We spent another 3+ hours clearing snow this morning.  (We had to wait until 7 am to start, so we didn't disturb the neighbors.)  Much easier this morning than yesterday, since there weren't the strong blowing winds we had to deal with yesterday.  It took much less time.   However, it's much colder today.  It was around 19° while we were shoveling.  But, without the gusting wind, it felt warmer than yesterday.  Go figure.

But, I hear we're supposed to get more snow on Tuesday.  I'm just going to embrace it as another chance to get a great workout.  On my favorite news show this morning, they did a demonstration to show just how heavy the snow is, and how much of a workout you get shoveling.  A cubic foot of snow (about the average shovelful) weighed in at 15 lbs.  They said that shoveling an average driveway here in Chicago, which is generally 10x20, means that you would move literally a ton of snow.  My driveway is double wide, and extra long, since my garage is all the way at the back of my lot.  Between my driveway, the neighbors, and my parents', I plan to shovel close to 5 tons of snow on Tuesday.  Go me!

4 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Go you. Friends from Chicago were supposed to be in NY this week. Their flights were canceled. I know you love this weather but I hate it with a passuib,

Gberger said...

What a great workout, and in the weather that you love! Go, you, for sure!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe you did the math! LOL We've been slammed by snow too, but are more of the lazy type, we bought a snow blower a couple of years ago and my Hubby grins like a school boy every time her fires it up!
Stay warm!

Jen said...

That was us last year, until flat out told Tom that we were getting a blower the end.