LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday

So, around 11 this morning, I got a phone call.  All I heard when I answered the phone was, "Lee Lee?  I was wondering if you would like to come ovuh?"  It was my Monkey!!!

I jumped in the shower, and got dressed, and an hour and half later, I was at my brother's.  (Have I mentioned how much I HATE how far he lives from me?!?!)  While I was driving, it occurred to me that tonight is an overnight for him, and I immediately started plotting in my head how I was going to get to take her home with me. ;-)

Later tonight, we are having a Girls' Night at my mom's house.  My mom, sister, sister-in-law KC (Ok, my brother's long-time girlfriend, but after almost 15 freakin' years, we consider her our sister-in-law!), a good friend of ours and myself try to plan these Girls' Nights every couple of months.  We usually do them at our friend's house, but this time, my mom volunteered to host.  I started thinking I would ask my brother if Monkey could join us for Girls' Night for a while, then he could come pick her up later.  I was really going to play up the angle that if I took her with me, he could run errands, go to the bar and get some work done, or just nap.  I was prepared to pull out all the stops until I wore him down, and he let me take my Monkey home.

Minutes after I walked in his door, I casually asked, "So, you have Monkey overnight tonight, right?"

"Yep..."

"Well, you know, Mom's hosting Girls' Night tonight.  I was thinking maybe she could join us..."

"Yeah, I know, KC mentioned it to me.  She actually said the same thing."

SCORE!!  Way to go, KC!!  Long story short, my Monkey is currently sound asleep in my bed.  When she gets up from her nap, we are going to make cookies to take to Nonna's house for Girls' Night.  Yay!!

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

JOY JOY JOY!!!! Have fun.
XO